# Questions After Starting a New Job
Job transitions are tough. There's a ton of change happening all at once and it can lead to a lot of ambiguity and stress. While transitioning jobs, I have found that some or all of the following questions help ease me in to the new role. So, if you hire me, don't be surprised if I ask these in my first few days.
- What dashboards exist?
- What alerts exist? What story does each one tell?
- What things do you do that are unique?
- What is are your key metrics of success?
- Why do we hold each recurring meeting?
- Who are the heavy hitters in our org? → Not political clout - who can actually just get stuff done.
- What do you expect me to have done in n, 2n, 3n time?